Book An Event
Nous Tous is a gallery and community space supported by the non profit Citizens Of Culture. Our mission is to avail free or low cost space fo available for meetings, classes, workshops, fundraisers, author events activist report-backs and presentations, film screenings, music, and most anything else you can dream up to enlighten, empower and entertain our community of artists, and uplift marginalized voices.
Art related and community events are booked at rates starting at $50/hr and adjusted according due to needs, programming type, and duration. Commercial events are subject to a market rate fee $100/hr.
Space & Equipment
- Seating Capacity is comfortable at 30, cozy at 50, and above that will require some folks to stand, or event hosts to provide additional seating for spillover
- Use at no cost a large 6’X3′ table for vending or snacks, two small folding tables; 50 chairs
- A/V equipment use at no cost: digital projector four-channel PA system and 2 speakers; 1 microphone
Please understand that our capacity to promote your event is minimal; hosts should vigorously promote their own events to ensure good turnout! Promotional best practices we strongly suggest:
- Place a free listing in Curate LA.
- Create and share a Facebook/social media event
- Create a physical flyer to hang around town
- Use targeted email/listserve engagement of relevant social and professional networks to generate interest
- Depending on the nature of the event, hosts might want to write and circulate a press release.
Nous Tous will assist with promotion by including the event on our online calendar and event page, linking to your Facebook event on our page, and sharing on our instagram.
Event Booking Process
Step 1: Determine the best day and time for your event
Check our online calendar of events to see which dates and times are available (please note that an open spot on the online calendar does not ensure availability, but it’s a good place to start!). Events that are public should be booked well in advance, ideally for the following month, to allow sufficient time for promotion and inclusion on our monthly event calendars.
Step 2: Submit a booking request form
Fill out a booking form at https://noustous.co/contact/booking/ with relevant event details (day/time, contact info, event description, estimated attendance, needed equipment).
Step 3: Receive confirmation of your event
Event hosts will typically receive a response to their booking request in about one week. If you have not received a response within one week and would like to check on the status of your event, call at 213.260.2093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to follow up.
Please note that we review all booking requests to determine that events are appropriate for our physical space and in keeping with our program goals. If concerns exist we will work to resolve them whenever possible, but our collective makes the final decision on whether or not to accept event requests.
Step 4: Get ready for a great event!
Get into promo-mode! Send your event flyer (1:1 ratio suggested for Instagram) to our Events Coordinator (email@example.com), share your social media event page with us, and keep in touch about any changes to your event that might arise!